[omniORB] Using third party Event service

Martin Renner Martin.Renner@pp-ulm.de
Thu, 12 Nov 1998 14:09:56 +0100

Hi.

My environment: omniORB 2.6.1 and Windows NT 4.0

I want to use a CORBA compliant EventService in my omniORB project.
Therefore I compiled the two IDL files (CosEventComm.idl and
CosEventChannelAdmin.idl) of this Event service with "omniIDL2.exe".

Resolving and narrowing of this service is no problem. But when I try to
access this object (e.g. eventChannel->for_consumers()), I get an error
message:

Debug Assertion failed
File: dbgheap.c
Line: 1011
Expression: _CrtIsValidHeapPointer(pUserData)

When I execute the same file in the "Release"-Environment, everything is
working fine: my PushConsumer receives everything from my PushSupplier.

The error occurs after sucessfully calling the method and returning with
GIOP::NO_EXCEPTION:

_0RL_c.InitialiseRequest(_0RL_r.key(),_0RL_r.keysize(),(char
*)"for_consumers",14,_0RL_msgsize,0);
switch (_0RL_c.ReceiveReply())
{
  case GIOP::NO_EXCEPTION:
  {
    _0RL_result = CosEventChannelAdmin::ConsumerAdmin::unmarshalObjRef(_0RL_c);
    _0RL_c.RequestCompleted();
    return _0RL_result;             // <------- HERE
    break;

Does anyone have any ideas???