[omniORB] invoking implementation object on a remote host

Ramesh V. Shaastri Ramesh_Shaastri@hp.com
Mon, 09 Nov 1998 11:03:58 -0500

--------------43E6E38158E3E45D7F272B34

ORB Gurus,

Thus far my OmniORB experimentation has been limited to running the
implementation server and the client on the same host (as two different
processes).

Now I am trying to test a scenario where the implementation/server runs
on Host A and the client runs on Host B. Is there anything special
(other than the ORB calls shown in examples 3, eg3_impl.cc and
eg3_clnt.cc) than need to be done by the server and client? Also, how
does the client invoke the server (any special command line arguments to
specify that the server is on another host)?

Thanks in advance for any help.

=rvs

--------------43E6E38158E3E45D7F272B34

begin:          vcard
fn:             Ramesh V. Shaastri
n:              Shaastri;Ramesh V.
org:            Hewlett-Packard Company
adr:            2619 Product Drive;;Suite 106;Rochester Hills;Michigan;48309-3807;U.S.A.
email;internet: Ramesh_Shaastri@hp.com
title:          Software Design Engineer
tel;work:       248.844.0551
tel;fax:        248.853.0707
tel;home:       248.
note;quoted-printable:"...do it badly, do it quickly,=0D=0A=
	 make it better,=0D=0A=
	 and then say you planned it."=0D=0A=
	 - Tom Peters '90
x-mozilla-cpt:  ;0