[omniORB] invoking implementation object on a remote host

Gary D. Duzan gdd0@gte.com
Mon, 09 Nov 1998 11:27:13 -0500

   All you have to do is make sure that the client and server are both
using the same name service, which just means that you need the same
omniORB.cfg file and OMNIORB_CONFIG envariable on both. And it should
Just Work.

					Gary Duzan
					GTE Laboratories

In Message <3647126E.2F7FAE07@hp.com> ,
   "Ramesh V. Shaastri" <Ramesh_Shaastri@hp.com> wrote:

=>ORB Gurus,
=>
=>Thus far my OmniORB experimentation has been limited to running the
=>implementation server and the client on the same host (as two different
=>processes).
=>
=>Now I am trying to test a scenario where the implementation/server runs
=>on Host A and the client runs on Host B. Is there anything special
=>(other than the ORB calls shown in examples 3, eg3_impl.cc and
=>eg3_clnt.cc) than need to be done by the server and client? Also, how
=>does the client invoke the server (any special command line arguments to
=>specify that the server is on another host)?
=>
=>Thanks in advance for any help.
=>
=>=rvs