[omniORB] omniNames on Solaris 2.6 with 2 IP addresses

Brendan Cully brendan@kublai.com
Mon, 10 Aug 1998 23:13:13 -0400

Hi all,

I just compiled and installed the april snapshot on a solaris 2.6 box.
The problem is, objects only seem to be able to talk to each other
intermittently. I compiled the echo examples and eg1 works always,
eg2_clt only sometimes talks to eg2_impl, and eg3_impl never succeeds,
although if I run nameclt (which also only sometimes works) I can see that
eg3_impl does sometimes manage to create the first context.

My machine has one ethernet card with 2 IP addresses (aliased), which I think
might be confusing IIOP. I built the same version of omniorb on winnt4, and
if I run omniNames on nt4 and use its IOR in the Solaris omniORB.cfg file,
eg3 works like a charm.

Anyone know anything about this?

Thanks,

Brendan Cully