[omniORB] Where/which nameservice to run?

Zsolt Zsoldos zzsolt@home.com
Mon, 10 Aug 1998 21:55:13 -0400

Hello,

I have installed omniORB on IRIX 6.5 with the help of some
earlier messages on this list.

The example programs all work, and now I am trying to build
some Java Applet client - C++ server tests. If I run a C++
server on an SGI machine and a Java Applet client on a PC
(WinNT) in the same LAN, what type of COS Naming service
do I have to run and on which machine? Do I need to run
BOTH omniNames on the IRIX machine and a Java Naming service
on the NT? It is not clear to me how the connection will
be made between the two programs running on different
machines without specifying IP addresses...
Could someone enlighten me, please.
Thanks,

--
Zsolt Zsoldos, PhD.                 e-mail: zzsolt@home.com
SimBioSys Inc.                       phone: 905 - 793 - 8617