MSVC support in 2.2.0 available

Arne Christensen arc@pine.dk
Wed, 26 Nov 1997 10:22:04 +0100 (MET)

For version 2.2.0 affectionados:

Although the timing is not the best for providing extensions
to version 2.2.0 of omniORB2 (version 2.4.0 already being in beta),
I would draw attention to the fact the the Mac port that I have
posted to our FTP server at
   ftp://www.pine.dk/pub/arc/omniORB2/omniorb-chg.zip
also includes improvements to the 2.2.0 IDL compiler that make the
generated code work better on Microsoft compilers. (But note that
full support for MSVC is included in version 2.4.0). This work is
based on earlier work by Matthew Newhook and Randy Shoup.
The readme file is in:
   ftp://www.pine.dk/pub/arc/omniORB2/readme

----
Arne Christensen
Pine Tree Systems A/S,  Snedkervej 12,  DK-2630 Taastrup,  Denmark
Email: arc@pine.dk       Fax: +45 43 71 43 42       Voice: +45 43 71 07 04