functions abstract?

Abdullah Bushnaq bu98aj68@acs.wooster.edu
Thu, 27 Nov 1997 03:13:34 -0500

I am compiling an IDL file that has the following defintion:

Interface Finder
	{
		void find (inout short i);
	};

In my Finder_i.cc file that contains the implementation I have only
defined the following:

void find (short &i)
	{
		cout << i;
	}

So obviously I don't have all of my code in, but whenever I try to
compile the project I get the following error:

libfind.cc: In function `int main(int, char **)':
libfind.cc:31: cannot allocate an object of type `Finder_i'
libfind.cc:31:   since the following virtual functions are abstract:
libfind.cc:31:  void _sk_Finder::Find(short int &)
make: *** [libfind.o] Error 1

libfind is the file that initializes and starts the server, so it
include the finder_i.cc file.

I had this error before in a previous interface, unfortunately I was
tweaking it and I solved the problem without actually realizing it, so
in this case I am clueless.  Is this error related to my C++ definition?
or does my definition not comply with what I listed in the IDL file?

Any hints would be appreciated,

Abdullah Bushnaq