OmniNames vs OrbixWeb3.0

Chris Fegan cfegan@lucent.com
Wed, 17 Dec 1997 17:49:24 +1100

Hi all, I am trying to get my OrbixWeb3.0 client to operate with omniNames.

I have this setup working with OrbixWeb2.01fine, but moving to 3.0 has
caused problems. My current thinking on the problem is that OrbixWeb3.0
is trying to resolve the naming service to be of type org.omg.CORBA.CosNaming
(by calling is_a() on the service) and failing. Whereas before it was trying to
resolve the naming service as CosNaming (with no preceding package/interface name).
and succeeding.

To alleviate this problem I want to change omniNames service to have it's
interface name to have this preamble org.omg.CORBA. Is this mis-guided?

Please give me your thoughts on this.

Chris

--

Chris Fegan