Anyone successfully build omniORB-2.2 on Windows NT 4.0 with VC++ 4.2?

Bing Zhang bzhang@sohar.com
Tue, 16 Dec 1997 17:13:18 -0800

Hi,

I downloaded the Windows NT binary, installed it on my NT 4.0 machine
and configured the name service with the environmental variable
OMNIORB_CONFIG. All the examples work fine except the eg2_clt. When I
tried to run the eg2_clt, I got the "The system can not execute the
specified program" error, maybe it was because the stringified object is
too long.

Then I downloaded the source code only and built, installed it on
another NT 4.0 machine with VC++4.2. I configured the names service as
before. Now all the examples work except eg2_clt and eg3_impl. In the
case of the eg2_clt, I got the system exception error. When I run the
eg3_impl, I got the "abnormal termination" error when the program trying
to execute the

initServ = orb->resolve_initial_references("NameService");

which is inside the bindObjectToName() function.

Anyone with the similiar problems?

Bing