OmniNames vs OrbixWeb3.0

Ian Brennan ibrennan@iona.com
Wed, 17 Dec 1997 19:26:40 +0000

Hi,

You should be able to work around any problems you have with this (I'm
guessing #pragma problems - the interface name of the CORBA Naming
service has not changed and shouldn't need to be)

Try recompiling the IDL file you normally use for OmniNames [using the
OrbixWeb idl compiler] and including the generated stubs in your
OrbixWeb client instead of using the precompiled Naming stubs shipped
with OrbixWeb.  Names is a "pure" CORBA server and doesn't depend on any
special client side magic.

Be warned:  I haven't tried this myself, and won't get a chance to do so
before Xmas :-(
- but it's probably a better approach to take.

I'd be very interested in knowing how you get on.

Ian, QA, IONA Technologies.