[omniORB] configure does not check for python header and serialized make file

Duncan Grisby duncan at grisby.org
Fri Feb 26 16:12:33 UTC 2021

On Tue, 2021-02-09 at 15:41 +0100, Thomas Braun via omniORB-list wrote:

> I'm using omniORB 4.3 on debian buster and found out that if you
> don't have the python headers, on debian the *python*-dev packages,
> installed configure passes but you get a compile error later on like

[...]
> I would expect that configure checks that.

Yes, it would be sensible for the configure script to check that. I
will look into that.

>  My favourite solution would
> be that I can turn python support off, as getting omniORB compiled on
> odd platforms (Windows) is a pain anyway and not requiring python
> would help.

Python is a fundamental requirement of omniidl, the IDL compiler, so
you can't "turn Python support off" I'm afraid.

On the subject of Python, is Debian really still using the out-of-
support Python 2.7, rather than 3.x?

 -- Duncan Grisby --
  -- duncan at grisby.org --