[omniORB] OmniOrb and C++17 support

Duncan Grisby duncan at grisby.org
Tue Mar 24 22:19:48 GMT 2020

On Thu, 2020-03-12 at 16:46 +0100, Daniel Krügler wrote:
[...]
> I would really appreciate this course of action. In particular, if
> you make the existing dynamic exception specifications conditionally
> existing based on C++17 I would argue that this could not cause an
> ABI breakage.

I have done that. The current code on the 4_2 branch now detects C++17
(with #if __cplusplus >= 201703L) and suppresses the throw
specifications in that case. You can get it from subversion or from the
snapshot at

https://omniorb.net/snapshots/omniORB-4.2-latest.tar.gz

At some point soon, I will release 4.2.4 with that and a few other
fixes. I'd appreciate it if you could test the change to confirm that
it works for you with your compiler. (Which compiler are you using, by
the way?)

As I mentioned before, the 4.3 branch doesn't need to worry about ABI
compatibility with 4.2.x, so the throw specifications are long gone
from there.