[omniORB] Notification Service with omniorbPy

Duncan Grisby duncan at grisby.org
Mon Aug 10 12:53:44 UTC 2020

On Sat, 2020-08-08 at 14:35 +0000, Anna Patil via omniORB-list wrote:

> I am trying get notifications from python, very new to CORBA, below
> is my first try. I am trying  to pull notifications from ECI
> Lightsoft NMS in python3.6, everything is going well however while
> pulling structured events, getting below error.

What error exactly?  You have cut off the start of omniORB's log that
shows exactly what it is doing, but it looks like it is a call to a
StructuredPullSupplier's pull_structured_event() method.

There is no reply from that call, but that is to be expected if there
are no events -- pull_structured_event() is defined in the
specification to block if there are no events pending.

Do you think there should be some events?  Is any logging available
from the notification service you are using?