[omniORB] Exception not caught - omniORB-4.2.0

Duncan Grisby duncan at grisby.org
Wed Nov 6 16:23:21 GMT 2019

On Tue, 2019-11-05 at 18:06 +0000, Prasath via omniORB-list wrote:

[...]
> But when we run the omniORB + application which is compiled with gcc-
> 8.2.0, omniORB gets crashed because it unable to catch the Exception
> “CommFailure” and lead into termination.

This is exactly the same thing you reported back in April:

https://www.omniorb-support.com/pipermail/omniorb-list/2019-April/032050.html

The answer now is the same as the answer then. omniORB's code is
correct. It has code that catches the exception. For some reason in
your system it is not being caught, but that is not omniORB's fault.

[...]
> But the exception does not get caught with the catch when compiled
> omniORB with gcc-8.2.0.
> Could you please clarify us the cause for this issue and why ominORB
> unable to handle the exception if gcc-8.2.0 and also provide your
> suggestions to fix this issue?

Why do you insist on thinking that omniORB is to blame here?  As you
say yourself, the same code works totally fine when you use gcc 4.8.3.
The one thing you have changed is the compiler version. THAT is the
culprit, not omniORB. My suggestion to fix the issue is to find a
compiler that works.