[omniORB] TRANSIENT: CORBA.TRANSIENT(omniORB.TRANSIENT_ConnectFailed, CORBA.COMPLETED_NO) Ansys MAPDL

Duncan Grisby duncan at grisby.org
Fri Dec 6 12:36:31 GMT 2019

On Tue, 2019-12-03 at 12:47 +0000, Wouter Vuijk via omniORB-list wrote:

> On a company computer with Windows 10 it does work, but on two of my
> own machines with Windows 10 it simply does not. Starting Ansys APDL
> in -aas mode works and connects to a server, so I figure that it has
> nothing to do with licensing as else it would not start. The IOR key
> is also created in the instant_aaS_MapdlId.txt.

I have no idea what Ansys APDL is. Is it a product?  You should contact
whoever it is that makes that.

TRANSIENT_ConnectFailed means that the client failed to make a
connection to the server. Maybe the server's address is wrong in the
IOR?  Maybe there's a firewall in the way?

You can see a lot of detail about connections and other things if you
are able to pass command line arguments or environment variables into
omniORB. Try running the client  with command line arguments

-ORBtraceLevel 25

If that doesn't work, try setting it as an environment variable:

set ORBtraceLevel=25

If you don't see any trace output from that, you need to talk to
whoever made this thing and ask them how to enable it.