[omniORB] Python and Ansys link: omniORB.CORBA.TRANSIENT: CORBA.TRANSIENT(omniORB.TRANSIENT_ConnectFailed, CORBA.COMPLETED_NO)

Wouter Vuijk wouter_vuijk at hotmail.com
Thu Aug 15 10:13:53 BST 2019

Hello everybody,

I want to link Ansys 19.0 to Python 2.7.16 with "omniORBpy-4.2.2.-win64-python2.7" on Windows 10 and I followed the instructions from this video published by Ansys:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bSP9pi-4QW0

Everything goes well, the folders and the aaS_MapdlId.txt are created and linked, CORBA and AAS_CORBA can be imported in Python but when I want to enter a parameter into Ansys the following error occurs:

>>> mapdl_output = mapdlUnit.executeCommandToString('aas_parameter_test = 22')
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
  File "ICoMapdlUnit_idl.py", line 206, in executeCommandToString
    return self._obj.invoke("executeCommandToString", _0_AAS_CORBA.MAPDL.Solvers.ICoMapdlUnit._d_executeCommandToString, args)
omniORB.CORBA.TRANSIENT: CORBA.TRANSIENT(omniORB.TRANSIENT_ConnectFailed, CORBA.COMPLETED_NO)

When Ansys MAPDL is launched in -aas I get the message that it is connected to the MAPDL RPC server, so that is working fine.

Does anybody know what could be the problem?

Thanks in advance for the help!

With kind regards,

Wouter