[omniORB] orbOptions class - Usage from user code?

Martin Ba 0xcdcdcdcd at gmx.at
Fri Aug 2 13:19:11 BST 2019

Hi!

Is it meaningfully possible to use the `orbOptions` class from
`omniORB4\internal\orbOptions.h` from regular user code?

Our application initializes omniORB via an `-ORBconfigFile`.

When the app is launched the first time, we auto-generate the configFile
with a few known options, later allowing the application maintainer to
add other options.

We have now the use case that we would need to add another option to the
config file from our code, even when the file is already there. So I
though it might be possible to use the class `omniOptions` from omniORB
that parses the options file, instead of trying to approximate parsing
it itself to "edit" it with an additional option.

Initially I face two questions:
* Is there any specific downside when using an "internal" class, except
that it obviously wasn't meant to be used from outside.

* omniOptions is a singleton:

That means I cannot create a local instance to do the file parsing,
however seeing as `ORB_init` does a `orbOptions::singleton().reset();`
at startup, I might just be able to use the singleton to pre-parse the
config file anyway.

Any help/ideas appreciated, thanks!

br,
Martin