[omniORB] [External] Re: OmniORB-4.2.2 compiled with gcc8 and C++14 leads into crash

Prasath_Palaniappan at amat.com Prasath_Palaniappan at amat.com
Tue Apr 23 10:01:44 BST 2019

Hi Duncan,

Thanks for the response.

Please find the answers below,

Where did the compiler come from?
gcc 8.2 (gcc-8.2.0.tar.gz) is downloaded from https://gcc.gnu.org/

Did you compile it yourself?
Yes, we compiled it (gcc-8.2.0.tar.gz). Arguments to gcc configure script below,
$./configure --prefix=/usr/local/gcc-8.2-powerpc-ibm-aix6.1.0.0 --build=powerpc-ibm-aix6.1.0.0 --without-gnu-as --with-as=/usr/bin/as --without-gnu-ld --with-ld=/usr/bin/ld --disable-nls --disable-shared --enable-languages=c++ --enable-checking=release --enable-bootstrap -enable-version-specific-runtime-libs
$make install

What does "g++ -v" report?
bash-4.4$ ./g++ -v
Using built-in specs.
COLLECT_GCC=./g++
COLLECT_LTO_WRAPPER=/usr/local/gcc-8.2-powerpc-ibm-aix6.1.0.0/libexec/gcc/powerpc-ibm-aix6.1.0.0/8.2.0/lto-wrapper
Target: powerpc-ibm-aix6.1.0.0
Configured with: /disks/smithers3/workplaces/build/gcc-8.2/gcc-8.2.0/configure --prefix=/usr/local/gcc-8.2-powerpc-ibm-aix6.1.0.0 --build=powerpc-ibm-aix6.1.0.0 --without-gnu-as --with-as=/usr/bin/as --without-gnu-ld --with-ld=/usr/bin/ld --disable-nls --disable-shared --enable-languages=c++ --enable-checking=release --enable-bootstrap -enable-version-specific-runtime-libs
Thread model: aix
gcc version 8.2.0 (GCC)

How did you configure omniORB?  What were the arguments to its configure script?
$./configure --prefix=/usr/local/dev
$make
$make install

As per your advice, we removed all the throw specifications and it got compiled successfully.
And tested again but we are getting the same termination. For your reference, I have attached the completed log (it also has crash stack) with this mail.

Please provide your thoughts to proceed further.

Thanks & Regards,
P. Prasath.