[omniORB] Threads hanging in OMNI ORB 4.2.1 with mutex lock

Duncan Grisby duncan at grisby.org
Sun Dec 9 22:19:35 GMT 2018

On Fri, 2018-12-07 at 17:32 +0000, Agarwal, Shelendra via omniORB-list
wrote:

> We have a process that sometime hangs and stops responding to other
> processes for CORBA calls. We collected the gstack of the process and
> from the thread dumps we see most of the threads are in
> omni_mutex_lock::omni_mutex_lock condition.

Please try with the snapshot from here:

http://omniorb.sourceforge.net/snapshots/omniORB-4.2-latest.tar.gz

(Or the latest from the 4_2 branch in SVN.)

That contains a fix for a three-way lock deadlock that is quite likely
to be the cause of your problem.

Let me know if the problem still occurs with that.