MARSHAL exception

Sanjay K sanjay_062013 at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 23 20:03:06 GMT 2015

Thank you for the mail.
IDL file is same in both the ends.
Well, I get following exception message,
omniORB: (1) 2015-12-23 14:58:47.224000: throw MARSHAL from GIOP_C.cc:218 (NO,MARSHAL_InvalidEnumValue)
I looked at the code, GIOP_C.cc:218 , which is OMNIORB_FOR_EACH_SYS_EXCEPTION(CHECK_AND_IF_MATCH_THROW_SYSTEM_EXCEPTION). Looks to me it's a general exception handling.
Is there any way to know, which EnumValue cause this exception, as many EnumValues get transferred to other end.
Many thanks,
Sanjay

 On Wednesday, 23 December 2015, 4:23, Duncan Grisby <duncan at grisby.org> wrote:

 On Mon, 2015-12-21 at 16:39 +0000, Sanjay K wrote:

> I get a MARSHAL exception while transferring data between server. I
> tried with Tracelevel=40, but it doesn't give the exact data, which it
> unable to marshal.

A MARSHAL exception is usually caused by having mismatched IDL between
client and server. Check that both ends of the connection have the exact
same IDL.

When omniORB throws the MARSHAL exception, it will log the line of code
that threw it. If you go and look at the corresponding source, it will
show you what omniORB was expecting that caused it to throw the
exception.

 -- Duncan Grisby        --
  -- duncan at grisby.org    --
  -- http://www.grisby.org/--