MARSHAL exception

Duncan Grisby duncan at grisby.org
Tue Dec 22 22:53:44 GMT 2015

On Mon, 2015-12-21 at 16:39 +0000, Sanjay K wrote:

> I get a MARSHAL exception while transferring data between server. I
> tried with Tracelevel=40, but it doesn't give the exact data, which it
> unable to marshal.

A MARSHAL exception is usually caused by having mismatched IDL between
client and server. Check that both ends of the connection have the exact
same IDL.

When omniORB throws the MARSHAL exception, it will log the line of code
that threw it. If you go and look at the corresponding source, it will
show you what omniORB was expecting that caused it to throw the
exception.