Python3.5 support

Duncan Grisby duncan at grisby.org
Fri Dec 18 12:50:41 GMT 2015

On Thu, 2015-12-10 at 15:57 +0100, Alessandro Pischedda wrote:

> I see that OmniOrbpy 4.2 should supports Python3.5 but I've tried to
> compile a .idl with omniidl on a virtual enviroment with, just
> Python3.5, but I've many import error when I try to use the idl
> compiled. The command that I use is

>     omniidl -bpython <file.idl>

Does your IDL contain modules inside other modules?  If so, there is a
bug in the generated code caused by the way Python 3.5 only does
absolute imports. Running the generated code through the 2to3 converter
fixes it, or you can use the latest SVN snapshot of the 4.2 branch,
which fixes the generated code.

If that's not the issue, then what errors do you see?