[omniORB] Python3.5 support

Brian Neal bgneal at gmail.com
Thu Dec 10 16:29:33 GMT 2015

--------- Forwarded message ----------
> From: Alessandro Pischedda <alessandro.pischedda at gmail.com>
> To: omniorb-list at omniorb-support.com
> Date: Thu, 10 Dec 2015 15:57:26 +0100
> Subject: Python3.5 support
> Hi,
> I see that OmniOrbpy 4.2 should supports Python3.5 but I've tried to compile a .idl with omniidl on a virtual enviroment with, just Python3.5, but I've many import error when I try to use the idl compiled. The command that I use is
>
>     omniidl -bpython <file.idl>
>
> I should use something different ? Maybe some option that I forget or other ?
>
> Thank you
>
> P.S. I've tried even to modify the 'import path' on the files but it is really tedious and difficult.

I'm not exactly sure what you mean, but after omniidl creates the
auto-generated Python code, you should treat it just like any other
3rd party library. This usually means putting the directory on your
PYTHONPATH, or copying it to a directory already on that path. You
should then be able to import it.