[omniORB] Question about omniNames please answer me, ...Urgent!!!!!!!!

janarbek canarbekmatay at yahoo.com
Sun Sep 16 21:42:18 BST 2007

Dear Sir,

  I have set everything about omniNames but still getting following error.

  "Caught NO_RESOURCE exception. You must configure omniORB with the location of the naming
service."

  Please help me to set my env. I have Win XP and VC ++ 6.

  I did everything as instructed in README.win32.txt file I am confusing following part;

      o Start the tool REGEDT32.EXE (on NT) or REGEDIT.EXE (on Windows '95).
      Select the key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\omniORB\InitRef (or
      create it if it doesn't exist). Add a string value (known as a
      REG_SZ data type when using REGEDT32) with name "1", value
      "NameService=corbaname::my.host.name" (putting the correct host
      name in, of course).

  Can you please explain this part in detail???????????

  Janarbek, Researcher.
Software Robot Research Team, ETRI(Electronics and Telecommunications Research Institute)
161 Kajong-Dong, Yusong-Gu, TAEJON, 305-350, KOREA
Email : janarbek at etri.re.kr
Phone : 82-42-860-1838
Fax : 82-42-860-6790
  Cell Phone: 82-10-8692-8103