[omniORB] Please Help me out (omniidl crash while compiling valuetype )

Duncan Grisby duncan at grisby.org
Tue Sep 11 14:04:00 BST 2007

On Tuesday 11 September, "Tahar Ouhrouche" wrote:

> I compiled the idl you gave above. I got my .cc and .hh files. However, I
> got this error from onmiidl.exe:
>
> omniidl: Fatal error in C++ backend

[...]
> I used OmniOrb4.1.0 on Windows XP professional.

OK. The problem is that the omniidl Python code used a construct (a
recursive nested function) that didn't work with the ancient Python
1.5.2 release that's used in Windows binary releases. I've fixed it in
CVS so the function is no longer nested in another one, so now it works.

omniORB 4.1.1 will be released very soon, and will include the fix.