[omniORB] tcpEndpoint::bind when using multiple network cards

Christopher Koppler xiaoxiong at chello.at
Tue Sep 11 14:52:43 BST 2007

Hi,

I'm having a problem (using OmniORB 4.0.6 under Windows, but as far as I've seen 4.1 hasn't changed that behaviour) which I've traced to tcpEndpoint.cc:

The bind method tries (as the comment in the code also states) to find the first interface that isn't the loopback.

I have two (and sometimes three) interfaces that aren't the loopback on the server, and I need to be able to select the address of the interface (currently if I need another than the first interface the root naming context is bound to a wrong address and subsequent communication will fail) - is this possible using some configuration file entry, or do I have to change the code?

TIA, Christopher