[omniORB] Network performance

Default User defaultuserbr at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 9 14:39:30 GMT 2007

--- Brian Edginton <brian.edginton at gmail.com> wrote:

> I assume both cases (local and remote) were worse than omni but less
> delta
> between them?

Actually, no. The box-to-box tests had gSOAP beating omniorb. For the
localhost test, omniorb was somewhere around 3 to 10 times faster.
gSOAP being relatively unaffected (seemingly) by network latency,
it was then around 3 times faster to on par, depending on the
message type. The SOAP was notably slow with large arrays of doubles,
for instance, as we were using "document literal" mode.

Brian