[omniORB] Network performance

Ridgway, Richard (London) Richard_Ridgway at ml.com
Fri Nov 9 07:40:41 GMT 2007

Taking a punt, SOAP was an order of magnitude slower while co-located?
Why would you not expect the latency increase when going over the LAN?
Simple test below:

%ping localhost
PING ......... 56(84) bytes of data.
64 bytes from ......... icmp_seq=0 ttl=58 time=0.027 ms

%ping neighbouring-machine
PING .......... 56(84) bytes of data.
64 bytes from ............. icmp_seq=0 ttl=58 time=0.535 ms