[omniORB] Multi EndPoint Failure - Possible Bug.

Duncan Grisby duncan at grisby.org
Thu Mar 23 12:12:59 GMT 2006

On Wednesday 22 March, jklein at rockwellcollins.com wrote:

[...]
> My simple observation seems to point me to believe that it works fine if
> all IPs refer to the same interface.. Both sides only attempted to connect
> on IPs that are the same interface..

omniORB neither knows or cares which network interfaces the IP addresses
belong to, so it's nothing to do with that.

Have you set a timeout on your call?  If so, it may be timing out before
it tries all addresses. Have you set a clientTransportRule that has
prevented use of some addresses?  Whether you have or not, you might
like to look into clientTransportRule to allow the clients to pick the
right address as the first thing to try, rather than trying them in the
order they're published.

Please can you get a trace with -ORBtraceLevel 25 -ORBtraceThreadId 1
that shows _everything_ the client does, rather than just small excerpts
that don't show the whole picture.