[omniORB] Functionality Questions

Duncan Grisby duncan at grisby.org
Thu Aug 17 13:18:02 BST 2006

On Wednesday 16 August, Sean Parker wrote:

> 1)  is there a way to redirect the trace's  (ie. traceLevel
> 40) besides shell-stdout-redirect or remapping/duping
> stdout?... to a FILE* or some other stream mechanism -
> preferably a callback function*. It would be nice to

omniORB::setLogFunction does what you want:

  http://omniorb.sourceforge.net/omni40/omniORB/omniORB004.html#htoc51

> 2) Are there other under-the-cover optimizations that could
> be exploited to improve performance? For example, the
> manual suggests turning of the [thread] Context option.
> It'd be nice to also be able to compile-out assertions,
> other ptr checks, etc. If I get the system running really
> well, I'd like to be able to go back and reduce as much
> overhead as possible...

You can easily turn off the assertions by changing the definition in
include/omniORB4/omniInternal.h. I don't think it makes much difference,
though. There aren't really any other things you can disable.