[omniORB] URGENT REQUEST FOR HELP omniORB version 3 omniidl location

dominic dominic at ecommerce-ne.co.uk
Thu Aug 17 09:17:10 BST 2006

Hi Alex,

I have used the windows omniidl to create the stubs, then transfered these to UNIX and used them to recompile the shared objects on both servers but we are getting an error when running the perl module which calls the CORBA object the process is as follows.

1.   Perl Module calls compiled Perl Library
2.   Library makes call to compiled C++ .so object on server 1
3.   .so object on server 1 calls method via CORBA on server 2
4.   .so object on server 2 calls method in JAR file which updates an Oracle database wth the data passed to it on server 2.

2 questions

1.   How can we trace what is happening within the omniORB call across the servers, we are putting printf statements in the C++ but not seeing any output.
2.   Can you compile the stubs on windows and transfer these to UNIX (they look ok from a visual point of view when comparing to old stub files.

Regards
Dominic