[omniORB] Pb to connect omniORB client to iona orbix 3.3 serverwith nameserver

Gary Duzan gduzan at bbn.com
Fri May 20 11:39:58 BST 2005

In Message <E514D00DF620D84D8F2B28CF6CB85B1B15EE20 at PUEXCB70.nanterre.francetelecom.fr> ,
   CORNE Frederic SCR <frederic.corne at wanadoo.com> wrote:

=>I have  to connect omniorb client to existing orbix servers, but these servers don't register themselves to a naming service.
=>Because they are 100% internal orbix servers in my company.
=>
=>The servers "create" themselves with marker and name
=>and their clients connect with for example :
=>
=>echo = Echo::_bind("ECHO:echo1", HOSTNAME);
=>
=>So the naming service is not used.
=>
=>My problem is that I cannot change the servers...I have to use them "as is"...
=>
=>In this situation, how I can connect omni client to these orbix server (without providing IOP strings ?)
=>
=>If it is not possible, how to get the IOP strig from a running orbix server ?
=>
=>Thank you for any hint.

   One way would be to write an Orbix utility which takes an Orbix object
name and a Naming Service IOR, does a _bind() for the object, and stores
the resulting reference in the naming service under the Orbix name.

					Gary Duzan
					BBN Technologies