[omniORB] Pb to connect omniORB client to iona orbix 3.3 serverwith nameserver

CORNE Frederic SCR frederic.corne at wanadoo.com
Fri May 20 16:01:22 BST 2005

Hi,

Now I start to realize ! thank you.

I have  to connect omniorb client to existing orbix servers, but these servers don't register themselves to a naming service.
Because they are 100% internal orbix servers in my company.

The servers "create" themselves with marker and name
and their clients connect with for example :

echo = Echo::_bind("ECHO:echo1", HOSTNAME);

So the naming service is not used.

My problem is that I cannot change the servers...I have to use them "as is"...

In this situation, how I can connect omni client to these orbix server (without providing IOP strings ?)

If it is not possible, how to get the IOP strig from a running orbix server ?

Thank you for any hint.

FC