[omniORB] Child processes on redhat

Gary Duzan gduzan at bbn.com
Tue Mar 29 18:30:48 BST 2005

In Message <FDD840548A2CA04BB6895D8F656444D91CDAF4 at honor.mainstream-tech.com> ,
   "John Chesshir" <john.chesshir at mainstream-tech.com> wrote:

=>    In running my processes that use omniORB, I have noticed that two
=>child processes get spawned at the point in the code where the root POA
=>is accessed.  (We don't spawn any more POA's.)  Can someone tell me why
=>this is happening?  Would you expect that more child processes got
=>started during the execution of the program as CORBA requests came in,
=>or does it stop at two for the entire execution of the program?  I ask
=>because, if it did, my superiors would find that rather disturbing.

   OmniORB starts up a number of worker threads to take care of background
tasks like closing idle connections. On at least some versions of Linux
threads look just like processes, so that is what you are seeing. More
threads will be started as clients start to attach.

					Gary Duzan
					BBN Technologies