[omniORB] ORB Initialization Problems On Windows XP Box With No Network Connection

Craig W. Wright craig.wright at cometsolutions.com
Tue Mar 22 13:57:07 GMT 2005

On Friday 11 March 2005 00:33, Stefan Näwe wrote:
> Craig W. Wright schrieb:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I'm having some trouble getting omniORB to initialize on a Windows system
> > with no network connection. When the network connection is present
> > everything works perfectly.
> >
>  > ...
>
> This is what we have in our README:

I actually could not find anything about the loopback device in the
README.win32.txt file. It also turns out that only installing the loopback
device solves my problem. Now, I have another problem, a pointy-headed one.
He doesn't want to install a loopback device, because he thinks it will be
too big a burden on our customers. Is there anything else that can be done in
the case that we can not impose a Loopback Device on our users? Compile time
switches? Source code hacks? Anything? Thanks for all the help so far.

-Craig.