[omniORB] ORB Initialization Problems On Windows XP Box With No Network Connection

Craig W. Wright craig.wright at cometsolutions.com
Wed Mar 9 15:44:04 GMT 2005

Hello,

I'm having some trouble getting omniORB to initialize on a Windows system with
no network connection. When the network connection is present everything
works perfectly.

Anyway this is what I have:

CORBA::ORB_var orb_ = CORBA::ORB_init(argc, agrv);
// argc and argv are just what is passed in from running "test.exe" with
// no arguments

CROBA::Object_var obj = orb_->resolve_initial_references("RootPOA");

etc....

The last line throws an exception:

CORBA::SystemException, minor code: 1096024117

Any ideas here? It seems to me there might be a host lookup issue. At least my
google searching seems to indicate that.

Is there some environment variable I need to set? Compile flags? Macro
definitions?

I'm using CORBA for glorified interprocess communication, therefore it is
valid for application to work with no network. It works under linux with no
external network connection, though I realize that linux has superior
networking capabilities for the localhost.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

-Craig.