[omniORB] Re: omniORB 4.0.7 and omniORBpy 2.7 soon (Duncan Grisby)

Duncan Grisby duncan at grisby.org
Fri Dec 30 18:49:50 GMT 2005

On Tuesday 20 December, David Fugate wrote:

> Hello Duncan, the necessity for a patch to omniidl's Python backend is
> discussed here:
> 	http://www.omniorb-support.com/pipermail/omniorb-list/2005-October/027202.html
>
> while the actual patch can be found here:
> 	http://www.ras.ucalgary.ca/~dfugate/python.py

Sorry, I don't think I can include your patch. Firstly, I think it is an
unusual situation to have generated stub files in more than one place,
especially when the IDL files open the same module names. Certainly
nobody has mentioned the problem before.

Second, in the common case that omniidl builds stubs in one place then
they're installed somewhere else, your modification can lead to imports
being added when they shouldn't be, especially if IDL changes. Finally,
your code won't work on Windows because it assumes the path separator is
":" -- on Windows it's ";".