[omniORB] omniORB4 idl compiler code generation issue [inlines]

Duncan Grisby duncan at grisby.org
Fri Dec 30 17:44:55 GMT 2005

On Thursday 22 December, Scott Heavner wrote:

> I'm having problems with the change you made to remove inlines,  I
> downloaded a CVS snapshot  today and now i get errors about multiple
> definitions for my corba arrays "typedef octet IPAddr[4];".

[...]
> Maybe we should switch to "static inline" instead of "extern inline" and
> see if that makes IRIX happy.

I've changed it so it now just uses "inline". That code is rather
complicated by the fact that the stubs still support compilers that
don't have namespaces, so sometimes the code is inside a namespace,
sometimes inside a class. When it's in a class it has to be "static
inline".

Does anyone still compile omniORB on a compiler without namespace
support?