[omniORB] omniorb 4.0.6 and gcc 4.0.1

Ian Gilmour ian_xx7 at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Dec 30 16:02:13 GMT 2005

Just installed Mandrake 2006 (default compiler 4.0.1), plus
omniORB-4.0.6 RPM.

I'm getting a problem with the transfer of doubles from CORBA client to
server.
Transferring arrays of doubles appears to work but single double values
get corrupted for some reason.
I originally saw the problem in my client/server code but I also see it
in the anyExample example that ships with omniORB-4.0.6 - the double
doesn't transfer correctly.

The same code and the anyExample example work with Mandrake LE 2005 (gcc
3.4.1) and omniORB 4.0.6.

Anyone else seeing this and can shed light on what's going on?
Do I need some additional compile switches with gcc4.0?

Thanks in advance.

Ian