[omniORB] Java Client connect omniORB server through tunnel - summary

Shifeng ZHANG zsfdev at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 30 00:19:30 BST 2004

Hi,

The connection problem is solved. I would like to give
a brief summary below about the java client connecting
with omniORB server through tunneling, hope it is
helpful for other users.

Client: java + ssh
Server: solaris + omniORB4.0.2 + firewall, only HTTP
and SSH ports open outside firewall.

The CORBA server uses (serverip + portnumber) as the
end point to generat the IOR. I suggest the CORBA
server uses persistent IOR. Then use convertior (a
tool provided in omniORB, however I didn't notice it
in the omniORB's document) to generate a "false" IOR
which uses your client's ip instead of the server's
ip. Note here: use ip directly instead of host domain
name.

The client ssh was set (client's ip + portnumber)
tunnel to (remote-server's-ip + portnumber); then the
java client use the "false" IOR to call the remote
CORBA server which is inside the firewall and it
should work.

Shifeng