[omniORB] omniORB, omniMapper and a fire wall

Fred Cook ftcook at allvantage.com
Mon Oct 18 18:34:40 BST 2004

Hi All,

We are about to go on the omniORB through a fire wall adventure.  It
looks like the first step is to get all the iiop traffic through one
port (2809).
Is it correct to assume that one uses omniMapper to get all the ORB
traffic through this one port.  If so how is this done?  When we run
omniMapper we get a

"omniORB:  Error: Unable to create an endpoint of this description:
giop:tcp:2809  Failed to initialize the POA.  Is omniMapper running?".

The answer is no, omniMapper is not running and this message is
generated regardless if a omniMapper.cfg is present or not, whether it
has something correct inside or nothing.

What about the client, JRE 1.4.x (I know, let's not go there).  Will
there be something that needs to be done to it so as to talk to only
port 2809.

Working env:
omniORB 4.0.0, no SSL.  Linux 8.0, Windoze 2K Pro and Solaris 8.  Client
JRE 1.4.x.

Any help will be greatly appreciated

-Fred Cook