[omniORB] CXX and platform_c++ ???

Luke Deller ldeller at xplantechnology.com
Sun Oct 10 00:20:54 BST 2004

Markus Lanz wrote:
> Hello Omniorbmailinglist

Hi Markus

> I tried to compile Omniorb 4.0.4 on a Suse 9.1 Prof. Box.
>
> In the Readme.Unix i wrote the following...
>

> The configure script tries to figure out the location of the C and C++
> compilers and Python. It will always choose gcc over the platform's
> native compiler if it is available. To change the choices it makes,
> use variables CC, CXX and PYTHON, e.g.:
>
> ../configure CXX=/usr/bin/platform_c++ PYTHON=/usr/local/bin/python2.3
>

> Two things i don't understand...

On Suse Linux, I doubt that you need to specify the compiler location,
so you can just run "../configure" without any arguments.  I'll go on to
answer your questions, but they are probably irrelevant for you...

> What do i have to enter at the position where ther's wrtitten "CXX"

Don't substitute anything; use the letters CXX exactly

> What do i have to enter instead of "platform_c++"

Put the full path to your C++ compiler instead of /usr/bin/platform_c++, eg

../configure CXX=/usr/bin/gcc PYTHON=/usr/bin/python

Regards,
Luke.