[omniORB] corbaloc and single threaded poa

Duncan Grisby duncan at grisby.org
Mon Dec 20 14:22:57 GMT 2004

On Tuesday 14 December, Gerd Schmitt wrote:

> I'd like to use corbaloc together with a single threaded poa.
>
> I found an older refernce saying that's not possible:
> http://www.omniorb-support.com/pipermail/omniorb-list/2001-October/019394.html
>
> I wonder if this still is true or if there is anything different
> I can do. Creating a single threaded child POA still seems to
> not do the job.

Yes, it's still true. The INS POA has a fixed set of policies. That
isn't going to change. The purpose of the INS POA is to bootstrap other
services; it is not intended for the main objects used by your
application. You should either have a bootstrap object that returns the
real reference of your application, or use a location forward to
redirect the requests from the INS POA to objects activated elsewhere.