[omniORB] Problem compiling with wstrings on Windows..

IxokaI ixokai at gmail.com
Fri Dec 10 11:43:46 GMT 2004

Hello all. I just started making use of a new series of objects on our
windows environment, and i'm getting linker errors now when I try to
compile the project.

FalconCorba_Impl.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
"__declspec(dllimport) public: static wchar_t const * const
_CORBA_WString_helper::empty_wstring"
(__imp_?empty_wstring at _CORBA_WString_helper@@2QB_WB)
FalconDocWatch.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
"__declspec(dllimport) public: static wchar_t const * const
_CORBA_WString_helper::empty_wstring"
(__imp_?empty_wstring at _CORBA_WString_helper@@2QB_WB)
FalconSystemSK.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
"__declspec(dllimport) public: static wchar_t const * const
_CORBA_WString_helper::empty_wstring"
(__imp_?empty_wstring at _CORBA_WString_helper@@2QB_WB)
FalconEditorialSK.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
"__declspec(dllimport) public: static wchar_t const * const
_CORBA_WString_helper::empty_wstring"
(__imp_?empty_wstring at _CORBA_WString_helper@@2QB_WB)

Either i'm not linking to the right .lib's, or perhaps the libs aren't
compiled right, but I"m not sure which. Any idea where the
_CORBA_WString_helper is exported from?

Thanks.