[omniORB] configure failed. Please help soon

Andrew Knapp aknapp at n2bb.com
Fri Oct 24 12:54:39 BST 2003

I had this problem as well when compiling on Solaris... this was my
solution:

--

I noticed several posts regard the error message:

Cannot compute sizeof (char)

When trying to run configure on my Solaris 8 box.  For me, the problem
was easily solved by installing the 'libiconv'  solaris package (free
ware package that can be found on Sunfreeware.com).  This installs some
shared libs into /usr/local/lib (libcharset.a, libcharset.la,
libcharset.so, libcharset.so.1, libcharset.so.1.0.0) that are needed for
the configure to complete properly.