AW: [omniORB] Negotiating firewalls and ssh connections

Barthel Marco (MPA/DS) Marco.Barthel at tenovis.com
Tue Oct 21 09:59:50 BST 2003

> As far as GIOP goes, it seems that in addition to omniORB
> configuration bidir specifier for the server and client transports,
> it requires a POA policy that the omniNames does not implement.
> Would there be any harm in enabling that by default?  So that testing
> GIOP would only require configuration changes, and not recompilation
> of binaries?

I think there is no need for omninames to be "bidir". As far as I know there
is never a callback issued by omninames. the "bidir" feature comes to use
when the opened communication channel (from Process A to Process B) is
"reused" for calls from B to A. Without the "bidir" feature a new
communication channel is opened from B to A.

If you want to get a deeper understanding of the topic I can recommend
Chapter 8 (Connection and Thread Management) of the omniORB4 documentation

-marco