[omniORB] Problem compiling omniORB in HPUX

Alexander T alexandert at subexgroup.com
Sun Oct 19 17:10:18 BST 2003

Dear Everybody,

	I'm having a problem in compiling omniORB in HPUX 11i
(hppa2.0w-hp-hpux11.11)
I'm using GCC version 3.3.

The Version of s/w are
1) GCC 3.3
2) omniORB 4.0.2
2) Python2.3

omniORB was configured with python2.3 and g++ (3.3)

The error what i'm getting is as follows :

		collect2: ld terminated with signal 11 [Segmentation fault], core dumped
		/usr/ccs/bin/ld: (Warning) Can't hide symbol "_omniidlmodule.sl.1"
		make[4]: *** [_omniidlmodule.sl.1.0] Error 1

Is it to do with the HPUX linker ld ..? Can I do away with this if I use GNU
ld ..?

Initially I was getting the error :
	#error "Large Files (ILP32) not supported in strict ANSI mode.

This got through when I gave the flag -D__STDC_EXT__  to the C preprocessor.

Thank you  all in advance.

rgds
Alexander

DISCLAIMER: This email is bound by the terms and conditions described at
http://www.subexgroup.com/mail-disclaimer.htm