[omniORB] RPM spec: python 2.0 dependency?

Duncan Grisby duncan at grisby.org
Fri Jul 11 19:07:38 BST 2003

On Tuesday 8 July, lockhart wrote:

> > The specfile in contrib is your one with a change by Duncan. The
> > changelog in the specfile says...
>
> Oh! Duncan, how would you like to keep these syncronized with the actual
> source RPMs? Sander and I use the RPMs themselves to document the spec
> file (at least partly because in the event of patches the spec file is
> not sufficient to fully specify an RPM). Folding in changes from other
> places is easy. We just need to know to do it...

Sorry, I've been meaning to mention the RPM issue, but it kept
slipping behind other things. I had a need to build some RPMs, so I
took your spec files and found I had to tweak them a bit. It makes
sense to me that the spec files should live in the omniORB and
omniORBpy distributions. I'd appreciate it if you (and anyone else)
could submit patches to make them work.

The issue with __init__.py files from omniORB and omniORBpy
conflicting is odd, since I had already encountered it, and fixed it
for my builds. Somewhere along the line, the fix was lost. I'll put
the fix back in.

To answer the subject of the email, there's no requirement for Python
2, so I can remove it.