[omniORB] Closing Idle connections

Duncan Grisby duncan at grisby.org
Fri Jul 11 19:01:40 BST 2003

On Monday 7 July, Serguei Kolos wrote:

> 1. I modified the client application from the echo example - now it calls
>     the echoString method in a loop once per second
> 2. I set the ORBinConScanPeriod env. var. to 5 and the ORBtraceLevel to 50
>     on the server machine. (All the other config. parameters have their
> default values)
> 3. I noticed that each 5 seconds the server closes the incoming connection,
>     disregarding the fact that the last request has been received via
>     that connection less then one second ago. The trace output looks like:

The problem is that you have set the scan period to the same as the
scan granularity. That means that every time the connection scavenger
runs, there have been no calls during the previous scan period, and
the connection is closed. If you set the scan granularity to 1 second,
the 5 second scan period will work as you expect.