[omniORB] Bug? Calls serialization in omni4.0.1

baileyk at schneider.com baileyk at schneider.com
Tue Jul 1 11:41:45 BST 2003

I run both WebSphere (v4 and now v5 too) and omniORB on Solaris E10K
hardware, with system images of up to 12 processors I think.  Sorry I
missed the detail in your post.

Some of the calls to the CORBA server in my app run for quite a long time
(minutes) while others are fast.  I can't say for sure that under load
WebSphere never opens more than one connection to omniORB, but in testing
it sure appeared to multiplex all calls on a single connection.  If all
these calls were serialized it would be a disaster.

Have you turned tracing on in the omniORB server (with thread tracing) and
verified that concurrent requests are being handled sequentailly by a
single thread?  Your first post quoted some CPU utilization numbers which
suggest such, but are you sure?  Maybe there's something else going on?

Kendall

                      Dmitry Davidovich
                      <DmitryD at enigma.c        To:       "'baileyk at schneider.com'" <baileyk at schneider.com>
                      om>                      cc:       "'omniorb-list at omniorb-support.com'"
                                                <omniorb-list at omniorb-support.com>
                      07/01/2003 10:04         Fax to:
                      AM                       Subject:  RE: [omniORB] Bug? Calls serialization  in omni4.0.1

I stated that I use  -ORBoneCallPerConnection 0 command line option.
My tests started from WebSphere 4 as a client and I observed the same
problem.
How do you configure WebSphere and omni? Do you run it on Win2k multi CPU?

Dmitry